Technical Animator In Assen
Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We’re looking for a pro-active Technical Animator who’s up for a new challenge! As a Technical Animator you will be the one who is responsible for rigging, skinning as well as implementing animations in game engine. You will consult with other disciplines such as art, programming and production to achieve the best possible results and make sure the content meets the technical and gameplay requirements. Are you an autonomous worker and does the profile described below sound like it’s right up your street? Then we’re looking forward to receiving your application!
- A degree in Game Art and Animations or equivalent education/experience
- +1 years of experience as a Technical Animator within the game industry
- Expertise at custom rig construction and skinning
- Experience with 3D software, preferably Maya or Blender
- Knowledge of scripting languages in Maya and/or Blender, preferably MEL and/or Python
- Knowledge of game engines, preferably UE4 and/or Unity 3D
- Extensive knowledge of the game development pipeline and how this relates to animation implementation into video game engines
- Experience with implementing, setting up and adjusting animations in a game engine
- Able to work with both hand keyed and motion captured animations
- Able to combine your creativity with feedback from Art direction, Producers, co-workers and clients to create the best possible content
- Able to set up a workflow that makes the workload manageable, ensures that deadlines will be met and will contribute to the overall planning of the project
- Able to work autonomous without direct supervision
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Strong knowledge of scripting languages in Maya and/or Blender, C# or C++
- Experience with version control software such as SVN, P4 or GIT
- Strong understanding of biped, quadruped, body and facial anatomy and how this translates to game assets and topology
- Experience with facial animation
- Strong understanding of the fundamentals of animating
- You’re a quick learner when it comes to new technical animation techniques and how to apply these techniques
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).