Senior Game Programmer C++ in Eindhoven
At Abstraction, we go beyond boundaries. We always challenge the status quo, and each other. We solve difficult problems, and don’t stop until we’ve exceeded expectations. We are always looking to explore uncharted territory. We are always transparent about what we do, and who we are.
We create our own IP, as well as co-develop and adapt other games. We started slightly over eleven years ago as two people in a garden shed, and now have over fifty people across the globe, with our headquarters in a newly renovated office in Valkenswaard, in the Netherlands.
We also recently opened our Warsaw office. We have a small but highly skilled team that is working together with the team in Valkenswaard on our projects.
We encourage an open and collaborative atmosphere. We surround ourselves with incredibly talented people who naturally promote a culture of discovery and innovation and we work on many different projects simultaneously, so we value versatile people who can wear many different hats.
Some of our previous successes are Ark: Survival Evolved, PixARK, SNK Heroines, The King of Fighters XIV, Hotline Miami 1&2, Don’t starve, the Sexy Brutale, Broforce, and more!
Where We Are:
Valkenswaard is an idyllic upscale town, named for the falcons that live in the nearby woods. It’s situated just south of the city of Eindhoven. Eindhoven is the tech center of The Netherlands, and a thriving international city. It is very modern, progressive, and diverse. Small enough to explore on a bicycle, and large enough to house the country’s top technical university, a top-tier football team, and the longest bar and restaurant street in the country.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years experience in a similar position or have shipped multiple titles
- Excellent programming skills in C++
- Experience with UE4
- Passion for creating great games
- Foster innovation; you are continuously looking to improve products and processes
- Be proactive, self-motivated and keep a positive team-oriented attitude
- Strong English communication and writing skills
Bonus, if you have experience with:
- Experience with cross-platform development for Console and PC
- Optimization experience for consoles and PC
- Console Certification (TCR, XR, Lotcheck)
- Working on AAA titles
- Build innovative systems for our own games in collaboration with designers and programmers
- Work on tailored adaptations, making them as if they were intended for the new platforms
Are you interested and do you fit above profile?
Send us your CV and motivational letter in English. We love to hear from you!