Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and proactive Senior Game Designer to strengthen our current team! As a Senior Game Designer you will be involved in the game design process, from concept to polish phase. You will be the one creating and finetuning gameplay features, progression systems and difficulty. Next to that, you will not only be working on level, content, system and feature design but you will also assist our Lead Game Designer with mentoring the rest of the team. Do you have a fair share of experience, are you able to create an engaging player experience and are you someone that does not shy away from a high level of responsibility? Then you might be the new team member that we are looking for!
- Degree in Game Development, Game Design or equivalent education/experience
- 3+ years of experience while acting as a Game Designer in a professional setting
- Experience with working on console- or handheld games, experience with mobile games is a plus
- Strong understanding of the game development cycle
- Strong understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Strong understanding about both conceptual, practical and technical aspects of game design
- Able to document and communicate the design as clear as possible for each distinct discipline of game development
- Able to recognize improvement possibilities in the game design workflow and pipelines
- Able to and comfortable with transferring knowledge to the rest of the team
- Able to assist the Lead Game Designer in mentoring the rest of the team
- Shipped one or more games while acting as a Game Designer
- Self-motivated and able to perform under pressure
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with UE4 or Unity3D
- Keen eye for detail, visual polish and UX
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
- Capable of dissecting high-level features in workable tasks
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).