Senior Character Rigger in Amsterdam
Help us meet our aesthetic and in-game requirements while working within technological specifications.
OUR TECH ANIMATION TEAM
Guerrilla is looking for an ambitious individual with a proven track record in the rigging and skinning of highly stylized characters to join our Technical Animation Team. As the successful candidate, you will collaborate with our Art, Design, and Animation teams to help meet our aesthetic and in-game requirements while working within technological specifications. You will assume responsibility for the skinning and rigging of our characters. Achieving the delicate balance between the complexity and the usability of the rig is an important part of your day-to-day tasks.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will be responsible for the rigging and skinning of a wide variety of characters using existing tools, and drive the development of new tools to aid and improve runtime deformations;
- You will develop rigs that push the quality of faces, clothing and hair to new heights;
- Your rigs will allow animators to deliver high quality key frame animation uncompromised by limitations of technical processes;
- You will define workflows and pipelines in consultation with your colleagues, and develop and improve in-house tools as needed while remaining aware of the impact of your decisions on other disciplines;
- Research and develop new techniques, approaches and solutions as required.
PRINCIPAL WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
- You will work within the Technical Animation team to define processes and tools that help improve the overall quality of our skinned characters in the most efficient way possible;
- You will work closely with the Animation, Modeling and Outsourcing teams to turn their art assets into runtime assets;
- You will work closely with the Engineering team to develop tools and workflow, and to troubleshoot runtime issues.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have over five years of professional experience in feature film animation and are ready to apply your knowledge to games next;
- Your demo-reel exhibits a wide selection of character rigs, from creatures to highly stylized characters;
- You have experience working as or with animators to ensure the best possible rigs;
- You have a firm grasp of anatomy and facial rigging;
- You have excellent Maya skills;
- You are proficient with scripting languages Python (first), Maya Python API (second).