Create stylized keyframe animations for real-time movement.
OUR CHARACTER ANIMATION TEAM
Guerrilla is looking for a character animator with a keen eye for quality and has experience in creating in-game animations for humanoids. Our Character Animation team focuses on creating high quality in-game animations that are setting the bar in terms of aesthetic and in-game requirements. As a Character Animator, you breathe life into both our player characters and NPC’s with great keyframe skills. Being part of our team you will collaborate closely with game designers and programmers to create animation networks that drive our animations to the next level.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As part of the Character Animation team, you will create stylized keyframe animations for real-time movement. You will help with the output of our internal animation team to maintain the high standard that has been set over the years at Guerrilla.
As a Senior Character Animator, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Create compelling, entertaining and visually appealing gameplay animations for the player character and/or NPC’s;
- Create stylized handkeyed or motion captured animations that have a very strong foundation in realism;
- Work closely and collaborate with Design, AI, Art direction, Animation Tech and other departments to realize the vision of the team;
- Mentor, train and inspire the animation team and help them grow and develop.
WHO YOU ARE
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You have at least 3+ years of industry experience working as an animator in the industry;
- You demonstrate and excel at realistic keyframed animations of the human bipedal figure;
- You are very comfortable with body mechanics coupled with a strong understanding of weight distribution and pacing/timing;
- You have a strong knowledge of traditional animation principles and how to integrate them to enhance appeal and gameplay;
- You have the ability to collaborate with the Animation Supervisor to ensure that the animations meets expectations of quality, consistency and style;
- You have a good knowledge and experience with setting up animation networks and blend trees;
- You have good understanding of additive, partial and layered animation systems;
- You have clear and correct communication skills, strong problem solving skills, and a willingness to support the team, leads and production where needed;
- You are growth minded and motivated towards teaching, enabling, and coaching other animators;
- You possess working knowledge of current animation techniques and Maya (MotionBuilder experience is a plus).
A practical skills test will be part of the selection process. Selected candidates will be informed about the details of this test in due time.