Principal Animator in Amsterdam
For you the world is a character in itself.
Our Living World Team
The Living World Team is a multi-disciplinary group of designers, programmers, animators and artists that work tightly together to bring our villages, cities, cultures and civilization to life. The team collaborates with our writers, tech & tool developers, game direction and art direction to push the liveliness of our world to new heights.
As a Principal Animator, you breathe life into our worlds. For you, animation is not just about the key-frames and poses of the hero characters. Your canvas is bigger; you work on the scale of streets, cities… entire worlds. For you the world is a character in itself.
What you will do
As a Principal Animator, your tasks and responsibilities are:
- Review internally as well as externally produced content;
- Mentor and inspire the other animators on the team;
- Coordinate and run mo-cap sessions;
- Write briefs for and give feedback to external vendors;
- Propose novel approaches for improving the quality of our living world animations;
- Push the envelope for free moving crowd animations;
- Work closely with Design, AI, Art Direction, Anim Tech and other departments to realize our vision.
Who you are
We’d love to hear from you if fit the following:
- You are an experienced animator at a large games studio working on AAA productions;
- As an animator, you have hands-on experience working on at least one shipped game that features a big crowd element;
- You have a strong fundamental knowledge of AI-driven NPC animation and understand what the unique requirements are;
- You have a lot of experience with complex animation networks;
- You have experience with outsourcing animation and know how to get good results from vendors;
- You are keenly aware of the state-of-the-art developments within the game industry and you want to do even better.