Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for a skilled, enthusiastic and pro-active Level Designer to join our Game Design team! As a Level Designer you will assist the Game Design team when it comes to designing, set dressing and implementing the levels or game worlds. Next to that you will be balancing features, difficulty and missions. You will act as a bridge between the art and game design team where you will work closely with the environment team to ensure that project goals are being reached. Are you looking for a new challenge and do you think you tick the required boxes? Than you might be the new addition to the team that we are looking for!
- Degree in Game Development, Game Design or a similar education/equivalent experience
- 1+ year of experience while acting as a Level Designer within the game industry
- Experience with working on console- or handheld games
- Experience with UE4 or Unity 3D
- Strong understanding of the game development cycle
- Understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Strong understanding of game progression and gameplay balancing
- Strong understanding of scene composition and expected player behaviors
- Able to solve potential pitfalls while keeping deadlines, design pillars and scope in mind
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with going through a full development cycle
- Experience with working on mobile games
- Keen eye for detail, visual polish and UX
- You are an experienced gamer across multiple platforms
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).