Although Team6 has been in the gaming industry for over 18 years, we still consider ourselves being a young and dynamic company. Developing games for all kinds of platforms, from top 10-mobile games to a great diversity of games for all the latest consoles keeps us creative and always aiming for the skies.
We are looking for an experienced and passionate Lead Game Designer to strengthen our current Game Design team! As a Lead Game Designer you will be managing our game Game Design team and ensure we strive to get the highest possible quality within the Game Design team. You will be the one responsible to set up tasks for every Game Design team member while keeping deadlines, scope and budget in mind. On top of that you will oversee the progress of these tasks, together with producers ensure that everything stays on track and that the schedule and that the schedule fits within the scope of the project. Do you love taking the lead and are you an expert at communicating? Then you might be the new team member that we are looking for!
- Degree in Game Development, Game Design or equivalent education/experience
- 3+ years of experience acting as a Game Designer in a professional setting of which you’ve worked 1+ year as a Lead Game Designer
- Experience with working on console- or handheld games, experience with mobile games is a plus
- Strong understanding of the game development cycle
- Strong understanding of game mechanics and game flow
- Strong understanding about both conceptual, practical and technical aspects of game design
- Being able to prioritize features based on design pillars, USP and client whishes
- Able to set up and maintain a workflow that makes the workload manageable, ensures that deadlines will be met and will contribute to the overall planning of the project
- Able to lead by example: a positive attitude where you value input from the team and motivate them to achieve their highest potential
- Able to give constructive feedback to the team and vice versa: open for feedback from other disciplines, Leads, Producers and clients
- Able to and comfortable with transferring knowledge to the rest of the team
- Able to recognize improvement possibilities while keeping deadlines, scope and budget in mind
- Able to recognize potential project- and team related pitfalls and able to resolve these through strong communication and creative problem-solving skills
- Shipped one or more games while acting as a (Lead) Game Designer
- Strong English communication skills in both verbal and written capacity
- Experience with UE4 or Unity 3D
- Keen eye for detail, visual polish and UX
- Extensive knowledge of the racing genre is a plus
- Passionate about the newest techniques and developments when it comes to game design
- Up to date with the latest software and hardware developments
- Experience with different development methodologies, experience with Agile and Waterfall methodology is a plus
TEAM6 AS A COMPANY:
Our name resembles our core beliefs, the best games are not made by individuals but by teams that have passion for games. Learning and inspiring each other is what we excel at. We put a lot of time in building a culture where our Team6-ers can thrive and enjoy a great atmosphere to, not only work in, but share their passion for creating games with their fellow Team6 members. We truly believe that it’s essential to share your passion and knowledge amongst like-minded people to create the best possible games. That’s why we are known for our informal and flexible family-like work culture, while maintaining a professional attitude. You can say we aim for the best of both worlds. If that didn’t convince you yet, we can also offer you:
- A diverse workforce with different nationalities and cultures
- Full-time job with room for personal growth (hours are negotiable)
- Employee benefits including traveling compensation and pensions
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the actual developed games, we’d love to hear your input and vision!
- A beautiful office location nearby the station surrounded by various pubs, restaurants and nearby the forest. Located in the same building as the cinema, library and theatre
We strongly prefer candidates that live nearby the studio in Assen, the Netherlands, or are willing to relocate to a place nearby our studio. For this position we only consider candidates that have a nationality from one of the countries that are part of the European Economic Area (EEA countries) or are already in possession of a permanent work permit which allows to work freely in the Netherlands (in this case the work permit will state “arbeid vrij toegestaan”).