Lead (Core) Game Designer in Amsterdam
Manage and oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics
Our Game Design Team consists of several design departments. Within our Core Game Design team, we oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics that form the core of our games. These key gameplay features include (but are not limited to) player cameras, game controls, movement features, core player systems, puzzle/gating abilities, progression- and economy systems.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As the Lead Game Designer, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Oversee the design and development of key gameplay features and mechanics;
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to design, validate and amend high-level design concepts, features and assets efficiently and to quality;
- Evaluate the game and playtest results, and present and discuss analyses with the Game Director, and collaborate on plans to increase quality;
- Collaborate with the data analytics and player research teams to further the understanding of the player experience and quality;
- Manage, organize and mentor the Core Game Design team (5 reports).
WHO YOU ARE
We’d love to hear from you when:
- You have shipped at least one Action/Open World game with critical acclaim;
- You have at least 10 years’ experience in a Senior Design role and approximately 5 years experience in leading and mentoring a team;
- You have a deep understanding of all the various aspects and phases of game development, from early concepts to post-launch support;