Guerrilla, developers of Horizon Zero Dawn, are looking for a Programmer to join the Game Code team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- You will work together with the animation, core and combat design teams to implement the systemic and gameplay features of an epic open world game;
- You will technically design, implement and optimize a wide range of in-game features such as ranged and melee weapons, combat and traversal mechanics, player skills, damage and hit responses, camera, inventory and economy systems;
- You will implement new functionality for, and improve the Decima engine;
- You will work together with an experienced team of programmers.
WHO YOU ARE
- You have at least 3 years of previous experience as a programmer in the games industry;
- You are fluent in C++ and other applicable programming languages;
- You have experience with multithreaded programming;
- You’re passionate about games and creating games;
- You enjoy working in an innovative, highly dynamic game development environment with people from various disciplines;
- You have a helpful, solution-oriented attitude.
- You’re very ambitious, and even though you like tried-and-tested methods, you’re not afraid to try something radical or new every now and then;
- You are comfortable working within a very large existing codebase and toolset;
- You can optimize code for performance, size, scalability and clarity;
- You have a good understanding of 3D math.
You have experience in areas like animation, physics, scripting, multiplayer and UI.