We are looking for an all-round game programmer with experience in developing with Unity and C#. We offer a creative, fulfilling and demanding position in which you work independently in a small development team.
We are an international, award-winning serious game developer located in the Netherlands. We create games with a purpose for healthcare, education and sustainability issues. Our games include both client projects as well as our own initiatives, and combine entertainment with purpose in a unique way. We have close-knit team built on trust, openness and equality.
What you will be doing?
You will be the programmer in one of our three independent development teams and will be responsible for the technical design and implementation for that team’s projects. Each team consists of 1 designer, 1 artist and 1 engineer and each team owns multiple projects which are worked on in scheduled blocks of two weeks.
- Together with the team and stakeholders you will create the technical design for a game.
- You will program the game’s code, taking into account re-use of existing modules and libraries and designing your own code for easy re-use in future projects.
- You will ensure your game’s technical correctness and performance.
- You have input in all aspects of a game’s development, both technical as well as artistic and design-wise.
- You will communicate with the client about the technical requirements for a game and gather these requirements in formal documentation.
- As part of the engineering team you will formulate and iterate on the company’s technical vision for the future.
What are the requirements?
- Skilled in software design.
- Proficient in C++/C# and Object Oriented Programming.
- A strong grasp of vector mathematics and algebra.
- Experience with developing for PC/Mac, web and mobile platforms.
- Ability to clearly comment code and conform to specific coding standards.
- Experience with using SVN or similar source control systems.
- Experience with debugging and optimizing software.
- Be eager to learn.
- Experience with web development, PHP and/or Laravel is a plus.
- Be able to work independently.
- Have a strong vision and drive.
- Have a strong client-oriented mindset and good communication skills.
- Be able to work closely in a small creative team.
- Having shipped 2 titles.
- Having a portfolio demonstrating a range of work illustrating these requirements.
What we have to offer?
- Be able to make games WITH a purpose to make our world a better place.
- Responsibility and freedom in your work.
- Room for experimentation and growth.
- Scheduled time and budget for personal development.
- Work with a creative and driven team of professionals.
- Work in an old Dutch prison in a relaxed game studio.