Character Art Director in Amsterdam
Develop, Deliver and Maintain Character Art at World-Class Quality Standards
Within Guerrilla we have multiple developers divided over several teams working on character art for our projects, varying from concept art, modelling and texturing to the final rendering in our in-house engine. As the Character Art Director, you are responsible for a consistent art direction to both our own artists as well as our outsource partners keeping the quality of all creative processes at the level of our World-Class standards.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
As a Character Art Director, your main tasks and responsibilities are:
- Work together with the Project Art Director and Studio Art Director to develop and maintain world-class standards for aesthetic and technical aspects of character art content;
- Provide clear and consistent art direction to our in-house artists and outsource partners;
- Work together with the Character Art Leads of our in-house artists to ensure outsourced assets are integrated correctly;
- Guide secondary processes such as facial scanning and character rigging in order to ensure the highest quality content;
- Foster communication between the game direction, other art departments, producers and outsource partners;
- Take a pro-active role in spotting new talent, recruitment, mentoring and training in order to help nurture and grow the Character Art teams;
- Work together with the Character Art Leads and production team to define and reach milestones while always pushing for the highest quality.
WHO YOU ARE
We’d love to hear from you if you:
- Have 6 or more years of experience in the games industry;
- Have previously been in a similar position (such as Art Director, Senior Artist or Lead Artist);
- Have significant experience in 2d and 3d character art production and a portfolio to show your experience;
- Have a solid understanding of complex technical issues in regards to Characters, such as real-time rigging, rendering and shading techniques;
- Have a clear insight and experience with art production and outsourcing;
- Have strong communication skills and a professional attitude.