2D Artist in Den Haag
The 2D artist creates high quality assets and champions a consistent and unique visual style for our games. You are comfortable with working on many different elements during the game development process, including characters, backgrounds, and UI, from start to finish.
- Create unique high quality assets such as game objects and user interfaces.
- Create mood boards and sketches to determine the visual style for our upcoming games.
- Create promotional material, including logo & icon design.
- Work with the team to deliver on sprint commitments, and provide maximum value to the deliverables.
- Work with art colleagues to improve the quality and processes of artwork.
- Expertise in creating top quality 2D art.
- Broad understanding of art and design.
- Comfortable with different art styles, with a focus on colorful and stylized artwork.
- Proactively give feedback and ask for feedback.
- Work well in multidisciplinary Scrum Teams (10 – 20 members)
- Understanding of the game art pipeline, from concept to modeling and implementation.
- Work in an organized way according to the company guidelines and processes
- Creativity: You are able to come up with original and innovative ideas and solutions and adopt out of the box points of view.
- Accountability: You take responsibility for your own actions, those of colleagues and the organization and stimulate others to do the same
- Flexibility: You have the ability to change your behavioral style and/or views in order to reach a certain goal.
- Initiative: You have the ability to recognize and create opportunities and to act accordingly. Rather starting something than waiting passively for it to happen.
- You have 2+ years experience with creating (game) art
- You have excellent knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator or similar software
- You read, write and speak excellent English
- You are able to work 32-40 hours per week at our studio in The Hague (we are currently working remote due to COVID-19)
- Plus: Basic understanding of Unity
- Plus: Having training in traditional arts and art history
Paladin has five core values that we’re looking for in team members:
- Kaizen: We make positive changes on a regular basis
- Spark: We leave a mark, providing a positive experience for everyone involved
- Wholehearted: We love the work we do, and we commit to our work
- Fellowship: We are in it together, strengthened by our differences
- Autonomy: We make decisions and take responsibility for our actions
- Diverse and challenging projects
- A place in a highly motivated and skilled team and an ambitious company
- Positive, healthy work environment
- Coaching and plenty of opportunities for personal development
- A high degree of freedom and responsibility
- Competitive salary and benefits
We work in autonomous development teams. This ensures tight communications, a real sense of ownership and truly agile development.
In our weekly show & tell meetings, every team shares their progress and all aspects of the company can be discussed. We believe in transparency and autonomy, and this creates a high degree of freedom and responsibility. (Note that this is not for everyone, so please only apply if this concept appeals to your inner pirate!).
ABOUT PALADIN STUDIOS
We create games that make people smile – be it a sweet twinkle, loud laugh, or evil grin.
Paladin is a game developer. Our basecamp is in The Hague but we are currently working remote due to COVID-19. We are a team of 35 knights and growing. Our mission is to create games with a spark, for players all over the world. We achieve this goal by being a world-class game studio with soul, that brings out the best in people. That means a studio filled to the brim with creativity, professionalism, and good vibes.
Some of our recent games include:
- Good Job! – Climb the corporate ladder one office-themed puzzle at a time
- Stormbound – Tactical CCG combat with beautiful visuals
- My Tamagotchi Forever – The 90s reborn on your smartphone!